RYE BROOK, N.Y. – Rye Brook has put the following procedures into effect for residents to assist in cleanup efforts following Hurricane Sandy:
•No tree permits or replanting is required for tree removals due to storm.
• Only hire licensed contractors to remove trees and clean up properties.
• Downed trees and stumps must be completely removed from the property by the homeowner or the homeowner’s contractor. Cut-up trees and stumps cannot be left at the curb.
• Branches and limbs of a manageable size (i.e. handled by hand by one person) can be neatly placed at the curb. Branches and limbs should be no greater than 4-5 feet in length in piles with a maximum height of 4 feet.
• Brush must be bundled and tied for efficient pickup.
• Do not stack any storm debris (branches, limbs, sticks, etc.) on top of leaf piles. They cannot be mixed together for pickup.
• Do not place any storm debris in the roadway.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.