PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Port Chester last week:
- For the last seven years Port Chester’s Lael Porcelli has run marathons, sprint triathlons and sold lemonade to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and honor her niece, Katie Smercak, who was successfully treated for leukemia at the age of five.
- "Louder Than Words," an inspiring independent film based on the vision and evolution of Westchester County’s Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, debuted at the AMC Loews movie theater in Port Chester on Friday, Aug. 1 as part of national release roll out of the film.
- William C. Brown III of Port Chester died July 28. He was 64.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester