PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Port Chester-Rye Public Library will offer free tax assistance with the help of AARP Tax-Aide on Thursday and Saturdays now through April 16, except for Feb. 6.
Held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., residents will be able to meet with tax specialists on a first-come, first-serve basis, appointments are not taken.
To have your taxes completed, please bring the following items:
- Copy of last year's federal and state income tax returns
- W-2 forms showing income from your employers
- 1099-R forms showing pension or annuity income
- SSA-1099 forms showing Social Security benefits
- 1099- Div, Int, G, Misc, OID forms showing dividends, interest, NYS tax refund, gambling income, etc.
- Any other information concerning your income and deductions
- Photo ID and Social Security/ITIN cards
- Bank information, if direct deposit of refund is desired
For additional information about the program, call 914-939-6710 ext. 103.
The library is at 1 Haseco Avenue.