PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- After becoming a finalist in the PetSafe Bark for Your Park contest, the Port Chester Dog Park Group is asking the community to help contribute online votes to help win funds to create a dog park.
In the PetSafe Bark for Your Park contest, the winner can win $100,000 toward the building of a dog park, and four other communities can win $25,000.
“PetSafe announced the finalist communities, and we are so proud that Port Chester is on the list," said Dina Goren, president of the Port Chester Dog Park Group.
"We have been working tirelessly to raise the money for a dog park in our area. Currently dogs are not allowed in any Port Chester park. Our community and surrounding areas need a place for people to exercise with their dogs. This contest is the perfect opportunity to make that happen.”
To win this contest, communities need to receive more online votes than the other finalist communities. Everybody can vote twice online daily, once on Facebook and once on PetSafe’s Website. Here are the steps for voting:
- Create an account: Go to www.petsafe.net/barkforyourpark and click on “Create Your Account” (sign on through Facebook using your Facebook username and password, or enter your email address and a password).
- Choose Port Chester, N.Y., as your community.
- Vote on the PetSafe website.
- Click link to “Vote Again” on Facebook.
The individual links for voting on both the website and on Facebook are:
- Website: www.petsafe.net/barkforyourpark
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/PetSafeBrand/app_321086731284099
The village of Port Chester has approved a location for the dog park at Abendroth Park, and residents have formed the Port Chester Dog Park Group to raise money for about 1,500 feet of fencing and other park amenities. The group has raised over $21,000 to date. With a $55,000 fundraising goal, winning this contest would basically bring Port Chester the funds needed to develop the park.
The Port Chester Dog Park Group is asking for the community's help to vote for Port Chester to win this contest.
- 1 Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack Near Port Chester Border
- 2 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Port Chester Saturday
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Snow Could Return To Port Chester For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed