PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester has extended its state of emergency until Saturday evening and has restricted parking on several village streets as a result of Thursday's snow storm.
Village Manager Chris Steers has signed an executive order to extend the state of emergency until 6 p.m. Saturday. Village Hall, the court and the Senior Center will be closed until noon on Friday. Garbage pickup for Friday is canceled.
The village has ordered that several streets be cleared of cars Friday to facilitate snow removal. Parking is restricted on these streets during the following times:
- Willett Avenue from 6 p.m. on Friday to midnight.
- North and South Main Streets from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Westchester Avenue from 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m.
Violators will be subject to towing and impoundment.
- 1 Teenager Killed In Crash Near Port Chester High School Mourned By Hundreds
- 2 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 3 Port Chester Crash Victim Remains In Hospital
- 4 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Port Chester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday