PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester has extended its state of emergency until Saturday evening and has restricted parking on several village streets as a result of Thursday's snow storm.
Village Manager Chris Steers has signed an executive order to extend the state of emergency until 6 p.m. Saturday. Village Hall, the court and the Senior Center will be closed until noon on Friday. Garbage pickup for Friday is canceled.
The village has ordered that several streets be cleared of cars Friday to facilitate snow removal. Parking is restricted on these streets during the following times:
- Willett Avenue from 6 p.m. on Friday to midnight.
- North and South Main Streets from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Westchester Avenue from 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m.
Violators will be subject to towing and impoundment.
- 1 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 2 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 'Romeo and Juliet' With 1930s Spin Comes To Port Chester
- 5 Accident With Overturned Tractor Trailer Reported At I-95/I-287 Interchange