NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Wear purple for pride Saturday as New Rochelle holds a Super Bowl victory rally for Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and his team’s win over the San Francisco 49ers.
The rally to honor Rice, who grew up in New Rochelle, was initially due to take place earlier this month, but was rescheduled due to a snowstorm.
"Ray’s talent on the field is matched by his strength of character off the field," Mayor Noam Bramson said in a written statement. “In addition to being a great role model for youngsters, Ray has also contributed his time and energy to countless programs in New Rochelle. We are very proud of all that Ray has achieved, and are looking forward to celebrating the terrific season - and now Super Bowl victory - of our hometown hero."
The rally will be held Saturday at 10:30 a.m. on the front steps of New Rochelle City Hall, 515 North Ave.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester