PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – More Port Chester residents were ordered to evacuate their homes Monday afternoon as the village began to feel the effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Village Manager Christopher D. Steers ordered homeowners and businesses in the following areas to evacuate early Monday afternoon until further notice:
- Abendroth Avenue from Westchester Avenue. to Mill Street.
- Highland Street from North Main Street to the Byram River.
- Willett Avenue from North Main Street to the Byram River.
- Adee Street from North Main Street to Abendroth Avenue.
- Easterly side (river side) of North Main Street from Westchester Avenue to Mill Street.
Sunday evening after the village entered into a state of emergency, homeowners on Riverdale Avenue from Putnam Avenue to the Greenwich boundary line, Grey Rock South and North Main Street from Mill Street to the Greenwich line were ordered to evacuate.
Port Chester High School is serving as an emergency shelter for those who do not have other options.
Check back with The Port Chester Daily Voice for more storm coverage as Hurricane Sandy continues. Send your storm photos to email@example.com
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.