WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Port Chester Easter Egg Hunt Rescheduled For Saturday
- 2 Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack Near Port Chester Border
- 3 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Port Chester Saturday
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Snow Could Return To Port Chester For Monday Morning Commute