This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Secret Service has a man in custody who they are questioning regarding a possible threat to President Obama during his Friday visit to Westchester County, according to NBC Connecticut.
The unidentified man, who has not been formally charged or arrested, may be connected to the car, a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta, located by police in Hamden, Conn., Friday night that may have been connected to the threat, according to NBC Connecticut.
The man, who was taken into custody in Connecticut, may have been armed with an assault rifle while passing through Yonkers, possibly headed toward a New Rochelle fundraiser Obama attended, News 12 Westchester reported.
Obama was in New Rochelle and Purchase for fundraisers on Friday before wrapping up the day in Rhode Island. Obama, accompanied by his wife and two daughters, returned to Westchester for the wedding of his private chef in Pocantico Hills on Saturday.
Check back to Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
- 1 20-Year-Old Indicted In 'Cold Case' Murder Of Port Chester Plumber
- 2 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Port Chester Chefs Participate In Hudson Valley Restaurant Week
- 5 Slow-Moving Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain To Port Chester