RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- Some people reported becoming ill after attending events last weekend at the Hilton Westchester Hotel in Rye Brook, the Westchester County Department of Health announced Friday.
"We suspect it is caused by Norovirus, a stomach bug whose symptoms are vomiting and diarrhea," the Department of Health said in a statement. "We are reaching out to interview all those who may be affected to help determine the cause of the illness and to identify any new cases. We don't know how many are affected yet."
The department is coordinating its response with both the Hilton staff and organizers of the events. It has notified organizers of upcoming events about the recent illnesses. Inspectors have been on site daily this week and will continue inspections over the weekend, the statement said. They are reviewing sanitary procedures in the hotel.
To prevent the spread of illness, the health department recommends thoroughly washing your hands after each bathroom visit, between contact with others and before and after preparing your own food. If you are displaying symptoms, the department recommends staying home and limiting contact with others.
“Unfortunately, there is no treatment other than to make sure to drink plenty of fluids," the statement said. "The illness must just run its course. Most people usually recover in a couple of days.”
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate