WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Saturday Thaw is still a few hours away and temperatures have not climbed as rapidly as forecasters initially predicted.
The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory until 4 a.m. on Saturday for Westchester and southeast New York, interior Southern Connecticut and Northeast New Jersey.
A light glaze of ice from a trace to less than one-tenth of an inch is possible as temperatures hover in the low to mid 30s, with colder ground temperatures.
Areas near the coast may have all rain or drizzle by midnight.
The forecast for Saturday calls for rain, heavy at times, and a high between 55 and 60 degrees. The heaviest rain should fall in the late afternoon/early evening.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 3 IRS Warns Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member
- 5 Port Chester Man Faces Illegal Jobless Aid Charges