WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Saturday Thaw is still a few hours away and temperatures have not climbed as rapidly as forecasters initially predicted.
The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory until 4 a.m. on Saturday for Westchester and southeast New York, interior Southern Connecticut and Northeast New Jersey.
A light glaze of ice from a trace to less than one-tenth of an inch is possible as temperatures hover in the low to mid 30s, with colder ground temperatures.
Areas near the coast may have all rain or drizzle by midnight.
The forecast for Saturday calls for rain, heavy at times, and a high between 55 and 60 degrees. The heaviest rain should fall in the late afternoon/early evening.
- 1 Port Chester Landscaper Pulls Down Record $571K Empire City Casino Jackpot
- 2 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Crash Cleared From I-95 In Greenwich
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Port Chester
- 5 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit