WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Saturday Thaw is still a few hours away and temperatures have not climbed as rapidly as forecasters initially predicted.
The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory until 4 a.m. on Saturday for Westchester and southeast New York, interior Southern Connecticut and Northeast New Jersey.
A light glaze of ice from a trace to less than one-tenth of an inch is possible as temperatures hover in the low to mid 30s, with colder ground temperatures.
Areas near the coast may have all rain or drizzle by midnight.
The forecast for Saturday calls for rain, heavy at times, and a high between 55 and 60 degrees. The heaviest rain should fall in the late afternoon/early evening.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Firefighter Pleads Guilty In Fatal Wrong-Way White Plains Crash
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City