PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - The Port Chester Fire Department and the Town of Mamaroneck's FAST Team responded to multiple reports of smoke pouring out of an Optical store at 107 Westchester Avenue in Port Chester.
Officials from Con Edison were also on hand investigating.
According to Port Chester Fire Chief Robert Drought, the cause of the fire was electrical in nature, and the source of the fire was in the back of the store. Out of the 45 responders, only one was injured, as one Port Chester firefighter was sent to the hospital with chest pains.
Drought also confirmed that Con Edison's investigation revealed numerous building code violations, which resulted in the indefinite shut down of all businesses between the Optical Store and King Street.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.