This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Route 9A in Briarcliff Manor was closed for nearly 12 hours after a fatal multi-vehicle accident that occurred late Tuesday afternoon.
Westchester County Police confirmed that the accident occurred after a tractor trailer veered into oncoming traffic.
The accident, at Pleasantville Road, was reported at approximately 3:50 p.m.
The ramp to the northbound Taconic State Park also was closed as a result of the accident and the ongoing investigation at the scene being led by Mount Pleasant Police.
According to LoHud, a tarp covered a red Acura whose driver was killed. A black Toyota Prius was also involved in the accident, according to LoHud. The injured were taken to a hospital.
The accident caused severe traffic on Route 9A with southbound traffic being rerouted through Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff and northbound traffic exiting at Route 117. Heavy traffic also occurred on 9A North heading into Ossining.
Sam Barron contributed to this report.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans