WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester residents started their weekends with a surprise Saturday.
It came in the form of snow, accumulating as much as 3-4 inches in some spots of the county.
The snow showers that began falling on Saturday morning quickly became heavier than expected.
Reduced visibilities to one-half of a mile or less resulted in hazardous travel and several accidents reported, especially in Northern Westchester.
The snow burst ended in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday.
The rest of the day Saturday is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high between 36 and 38 degrees.
Sunday should be mostly cloudy with a high between 36 and 38 and a chance of snow showers between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
The outlook for Monday is partly sunny with a high between 38 and 40 degrees and a 20-percent chance of snow showers.
- 1 Port Chester HS Boasts 14 AP Scholar Award Winners
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Port Chester Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft
- 4 Port Chester Burglary Suspect Convicted After Settling Suit With Village
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts