This story has been updated
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two lanes have reopened on northbound I-95 after a two-vehicle accident between I-287 (Exit 21) and Delavan Avenue in Greenwich led to stop-and-go traffic during the Tuesday morning commute.
The accident, which was reported at 7 a.m., was cleared by 8:30 a.m.
According to the Connecticut Department of Transportation, a two-vehicle crash on I-95 northbound in the vicinity of Exit 2 blocked the right and center lanes.
Backups as a result of the accidents extended well into Westchester as well as on I-287.
There was also an accident on the southbound Bronx River Parkway between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Cross County Parkway blocking the left lane. The accident, reported at 7:20 a.m., was cleared at around 8 a.m.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 4 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 5 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault