WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Fresh Air Fund will celebrate National Volunteer Week from April 6-12.
"National Volunteer Week marks a special time of year for The Fresh Air Fund, and I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere thanks to our dedicated Fresh Air volunteers, hosts and supporters in Westchester County," said Jenny Morgenthau, executive director of the The Fresh Air Fund.
Fresh Air volunteers work in several capacities throughout the year in 13 states from Virginia to Maine and Canada to help make The Fresh Air Fund’s programs possible. Fresh Air host families open their hearts and homes, and share the everyday joys of summertime with their Fresh Air friends.
Local volunteer leaders -- many of whom are also hosts -- serve on our local committees, plan summer activities, publicize the program and interview prospective host families. Additionally, individuals and local businesses give generously of their time and resources to make The Fresh Air Fund’s Volunteer Host Family Program throughout this area a great success each summer.
The Fresh Air Fund, an independent, not-for-profit agency, has provided free summer experiences to more than 1.8 million New York City children since 1877.
For more information on how you can help to continue this wonderful tradition of volunteering, call The Fresh Air Fund at 800-367-0003 or visit: www.freshair.org.
- 1 Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack Near Port Chester Border
- 2 Schumer, Lowey Cite Westchester's Concerns Over Proposed I-95 Toll Booths
- 3 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 4 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam