WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. --Twenty-two real estate agencies of the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS (HGAR) recently raised $7,949.50 for Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley by holding garage sales throughout Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties.
Realtors donated items from their homes to sell to the public, and all monies raised went directly to the Tarrytown-based charity that serves the lower Hudson Valley area.
“We are deeply grateful to the agencies of HGAR who participated in the garage sales. Their hard work and generosity will make it possible for us to grant a child’s one true heartfelt wish,” said Tom Conklin, Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley chief executive officer.
The following Westchester real estate agencies participated in the Make-A-Wish Garage Sale:
- Café Realty, Katonah
- Century 21 Schneider Realty, White Plains
- Coldwell Banker Residential, Briarcliff Manor and Somers
- Douglas Elliman Real Estate, Armonk and Katonah
- ERA Insite Realty, White Plains
- Houlihan Lawrence, Katonah
- Hudson Homes Sotheby’s International Realty, Tarrytown
- Keller Williams Realty Partners, Yorktown Heights
- Prudential River Towns Real Estate, Croton-on-Hudson
- Shirley Moore Realty Group, Inc., Mount Vernon
- William Raveis Real Estate, Katonah and Rye
Since 1986, Make-A-Wish® Hudson Valley has granted more than 2,200 wishes to Hudson Valley children with life-threatening medical conditions. Make-A-Wish® Hudson Valley serves eight counties: Delaware, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester. The organization is currently working on 170 wishes with the average cost of a wish ranging from $7,500 to $10,000.
The Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS® is a not-for-profit trade association covering over 9,000 real estate professionals doing business in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, and Orange counties.