PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Navy Seaman Recruit Stephen B. Goyburn, son of Enrique B. Goyburn and Laura Arteaga of Port Chester, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Goyburn completed a variety of training, includimg classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness. Goyburn is a 2012 graduate of Port Chester High School, Port Chester.
The capstone event of boot camp is "Battle Stations." This exercise gives recruits the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the fleet. "Battle Stations" is designed to galvanize the basic warrior attributes of sacrifice, dedication, teamwork and endurance in each recruit.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak