PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Navy Seaman Recruit Stephen B. Goyburn, son of Enrique B. Goyburn and Laura Arteaga of Port Chester, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Goyburn completed a variety of training, includimg classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness. Goyburn is a 2012 graduate of Port Chester High School, Port Chester.
The capstone event of boot camp is "Battle Stations." This exercise gives recruits the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the fleet. "Battle Stations" is designed to galvanize the basic warrior attributes of sacrifice, dedication, teamwork and endurance in each recruit.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Four Port Chester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Port Chester
- 4 Rye High School Is Evacuated After Bomb Threat, Basketball Game Canceled
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester