PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Port Chester’s Carl Schmehl!
Schmehl, a longtime Port Chester resident, turns 56 on Sunday.
Carl Schmehl, a\ stage director and producer was born March 16, 1958. He is the creative director of Shackman Events, a management and event company in New York City; and artistic director of the nonprofit Nantucket-based theater group "On The Isle". Schmehl lives in New York City.
His most recent theater credits include director and choreographer of productions of "Nunsense", "The Actors Nightmare", "Pirates of Penzance", "Up in the Rafters", the off-Broadway play "Almost Live from the Betty Ford Clinic'. Schmehl has assisted Broadway director and choreographer Gillian Lynne -- choreographer of "Cats," "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" -- on new productions in New York, San Diego, London and Vienna.
Schmehl's directing and choreography credits include "Hello Dolly" (Center Stage), "Tampa II" (Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center), "Vincentennial" (Boston’s Majestic Theatre), "Follies" (Bangor Opera House), and benefits for The American Cancer Society (Charleston’s Galliard Theatre), United Cerebral Palsy (Tulsa’s Brady Theatre) and Good Samaritan’s Bob Hope Awards to name a few.
- 1 Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack Near Port Chester Border
- 2 Schumer, Lowey Cite Westchester's Concerns Over Proposed I-95 Toll Booths
- 3 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 4 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Port Chester Tuesday