PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Happy birthday to Port Chester’s Arnold Diaz,
Diaz, a Port Chester resident, turns 65 on Friday.
Diaz, a television consumer watchdog journalist who is currently employed by WPIX-TV in New York, was born July 4, 1949, in Brooklyn. Diaz is famous for his "Shame on You" series of reports which he did on WCBS-TV for over 20 years. Diaz also worked for ABC News and WNYW in similar capacities, with the latter taking a page from WCBS and naming the segment "Shame Shame Shame." He focuses most of his reports on exposing wrongdoings and incompetence by private industry and government agencies. His reports have led to jail time for a number of scam artists.
Before joining WNYW-TV, Diaz reported for WPLG-TV in Miami from the early to mid-1970s, then to WCBS-TV in New York from the mid-1970s to the early 1990s. During his time at WCBS-TV, Diaz won 25 local Emmy Awards. He has won a total of 36 Emmy awards throughout his career. Diaz worked for ABC's "20/20" as the show's consumer investigative reporter from 1995 to 2003. During his time with ABC's "20/20," he won the National Press Club Consumer Journalism Award and the Consumer Federation of America Media Service Award. On March 31, 2014, Diaz joined WPIX as part of newly formed PIX11 Investigates unit with Greg Mocker, longtime reporter Mary Murphy and chief investigator Howard Thompson.
- 1 Port Chester Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman In Beach Bathroom
- 2 Artist Picks Up Port Chester Trash For 'My Name Is Nobody' Exhibit
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Port Chester Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 5 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent