GREENWICH Conn. -- Greenwich Hospital is honoring Enza Pisano from the Emergency Department with the January Quality Award for her quick thinking, which helped a patient suffering a serious condition.
A patient who was having an aortic dissection – a critical, life-threatening event – arrived in the Emergency Department at Greenwich Hospital and needed to be transferred to another hospital for intervention.
Pisano, in her capacity as a unit secretary, knew the patient was seriously ill and was also aware that the dispatch of an advanced life support crew would be at least a one-hour wait.
At this point, she saw another ambulance company’s advanced life support crew arrive at the Emergency Department to transport a stable patient.
Using excellent judgment, she swapped out the calls and commandeered the ambulance to transport the critical patient. The critical patient was transported directly to the operating room at another medical center.
Pisano's actions benefited the patient enormously. For her quick, out-of-the-box thinking she very likely helped to save this patient’s life.
Visit greenhosp.org to learn more.
- 1 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 2 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 'Romeo and Juliet' With 1930s Spin Comes To Port Chester
- 5 Accident With Overturned Tractor Trailer Reported At I-95/I-287 Interchange