PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Looking for something beyond flowers and chocolate for Valentine's Day? Port Chester businesses are brimming with options. Here's a sampling:
- A.I. Friedman is awash in red...stuffed animals holding pink or red hearts, Stonewall Kitchen sauces and jams, red purses, assorted frames, kitchenware and, of course, art supplies. Love it: 495 Boston Post Road, 914-937-7351, www.aifriedman.com/ .
- For something sweet that appeals to both adults and kids: consider Crown Maple syrup, the luxury New York produced syrup sold at Tarry Market that works perfectly on pancakes as well as in cocktails. Love it: 179 N. Main St., 914-253-5680. www.tarrymarket.com/ .
- Amez-Vous is a Valentine special available through the end of February at CLAY Health Club . The two and a half hour treatment is pure pampering at its best and includes one signature facial and one signature therapeutic massage plus your choice of a Dr. Hauschka body oil to take home. As an added value, guests of the spa may use the gym, take any group fitness class, enjoy the sauna or steam, or enjoy lunch at CLAY Cafe. Love it: 11 Riverdale Ave., 914-937-5000, www.insideclay.com/ .
- Heat things up with a steel fire pit from Wallauer Hardware . It's not only a great way to stay warm but it makes for a new spot to cuddle . Love it: 143 N. Main St., 914-939-7600, www.wallauer.com/ .
- Ulta is everyone's beauty one-stop shop. Spend $30 or more on fragrance and you can get a "True Love," "Inner Beauty," or "Infinite Luck" necklace. Love it : 445 Boston Post Road, 914-937-1430, www.ulta.com/ .
Have a place we missed? Tell us about it in the Comments area below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.