GREENWICH, Conn. - A husband-and-wife chef duo who moved their "slow food" catering business, Maison Privé, to Greenwich from Manhattan last year now plan to open a private supper club and tasting room for clients.
Jim and Jen Vellano’s fundraising campaign on Kickstarter recently achieved full funding, which should allow the couple to finish renovating a former butcher shop on Hamilton Avenue to become The Tasting Room at Maison Privé. In the monthlong campaign, they raised nearly $15,000 from 70 backers.
“Our vendors are all in place, the sign is ready to go and the front door has been ordered,” they wrote on their Kickstarter page after reaching their goal. They’re hoping to open for business in May.
The Vellanos are proponents of the slow food movement, sourcing in-season ingredients locally. They both have top credentials, having worked in some of Manhattan’s best restaurants - Per Se, Daniel, Cafe Boulud, Blue Hill and others. They met on the job, got married and have been running Maison Privé since 2008.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Anthony J. Moore Jr., 82, Lifelong Port Chester Resident