PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester is in third place out of more than 900 nominated communities vying to win $100,000 in the PetSafe Bark For Your Park Contest.
Port Chester was nominated as one of the many communities seeking to win the Bark For Your Park contest held by PetSafe, a pet product company. Preliminary voting will continue through June 7 for communities trying to win the $100,000, or one of the $25,000 additional prizes. PetSafe will announce the 15 finalists after preliminary voting closes. Voting for the 15 finalists will continue through the end of July.
The Village of Port Chester has approved a location for the dog park at Abendroth Park and residents have formed the Port Chester Dog Park Group to raise money for about 1,500 feet of fencing and other park amenities. The group has raised more than $21,000 of a $55,000 fund-raising goal.
The Port Chester Dog Park Group is holding a $10,000 grand prize raffle in order to add to their fundraising progress. Tickets purchased by June 15 will be entered into an additional $500 raffle. There is a 1 in 300 chance of winning $10,000 and a 1 in 50 chance of winning five times the ticket price.
For more information about the contest and the raffle, residents can go to the Port Chester Dog Park website. To vote for the PetSafe contest, residents can go to the PetSafe website.
- 1 State Police Warn Port Chester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York