WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains Hospital will be calling attention to obesity and the need for treatment and prevention by sponsoring its first Walk From Obesity on Sunday, May 18.
This event is scheduled to take place at the White Plains High School Track. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. and the walk will kick off at 10 a.m.
The pick-your-pace fun walk/run will be the centerpiece of the day, taking place on the track which is a quarter-mile loop on a flat road surface surrounded by scenic woods.
The event will also include raffle prizes, giveaways, interactive vendor booths and education on healthy lifestyles and cooking. The funds raised support both the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Foundation and the Obesity Action Coalition.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Port Chester Tap Water Deemed Safe After Friday Contamination
- 2 Film Shoot With Steve Carell in Port Chester Tops Week's News
- 3 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In Rye Brook, Rye, White Plains
- 4 Nine Billionaires With Westchester Ties Make Forbes 400 List
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer