PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A celebration for New Rochelle teacher Richard Salerno and nine other educators will be held Wednesday, Aug. 6, at 6 p.m. at Garcia’s at the Capitol Theatre.
The celebration is to recognize the local educator's commitment to music in education.
Salerno was joined by nine other area teachers at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland July 31 and Aug. 1 after winning an essay contest. The teachers received a tour of the museum and attended seminars on music as a social force and how music influenced social change in the 1980s.
Salerno teaches history at Iona Preparatory School K-12 in New Rochelle.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Anthony J. Moore Jr., 82, Lifelong Port Chester Resident