WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The White Plains Performing Arts Center is kicking off the production of "RENT: School Edition" on Friday, April 25.
The performances for the show are scheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26 and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 27 at the WPPAC. Based loosely on Puccini's La Boheme, "RENT: School Edition" follows a year in the life of "a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York's Lower East Side, under the shadow of HIV/AIDS," according to a press release.
"This adaptation has been carefully done, working with Jonathan Larson’s estate to retain the dramatic intent of the groundbreaking rock musical," representatives said.
Tickets for the show are $25 for adults and $20 for high school students and younger. Tickets are available at the White Plains Performing Arts Center website or by calling the box office at (914) 328-1600. The White Plains Performing Arts Center is located at 11 City Place in White Plains.
- 1 Port Chester Burglary Suspect Convicted After Settling Suit With Village
- 2 Maria Chiappetta, 63, Of Port Chester, Homemaker
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Port Chester Could See Lowest Autumn Gas Prices In Four Years