PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Family Ties of Westchester, Don Bosco Community Center and Open Door Family Medical Center is offering offering a new Spanish parenting class in Port Chester.
The program, known as "Nurturing Parenting," is set to start at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 Grace Church St. in Port Chester. The class is an evidence-based, individualized and family centered initiative which builds parenting skills while celebrating cultural and linguistic diversity, representatives said.
Parents will be able to learn nonviolent discipline strategies and techniques, teach children to make healthy choices and develop positive, caring relationships.
For more information about the class, residents are asked to contact Ana Martínez, Family Ties of Westchester at (914) 703-8656, Fax (914) 826-7253 or Ruth Gonsky from Open Door at (914) 406-8216.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Port Chester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Port Chester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Port Chester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell