PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Family Ties of Westchester, Don Bosco Community Center and Open Door Family Medical Center is offering offering a new Spanish parenting class in Port Chester.
The program, known as "Nurturing Parenting," is set to start at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 Grace Church St. in Port Chester. The class is an evidence-based, individualized and family centered initiative which builds parenting skills while celebrating cultural and linguistic diversity, representatives said.
Parents will be able to learn nonviolent discipline strategies and techniques, teach children to make healthy choices and develop positive, caring relationships.
For more information about the class, residents are asked to contact Ana Martínez, Family Ties of Westchester at (914) 703-8656, Fax (914) 826-7253 or Ruth Gonsky from Open Door at (914) 406-8216.
- 1 Astorino Details $25M Deal With New Manager Of Rye Playland
- 2 Port Chester Schools Report Low Rate Of Students Opting Out
- 3 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 4 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 5 Astorino Announces Agreement For Private Manager To Take Over Playland