PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Family Ties of Westchester, Don Bosco Community Center and Open Door Family Medical Center is offering offering a new Spanish parenting class in Port Chester.
The program, known as "Nurturing Parenting," is set to start at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 Grace Church St. in Port Chester. The class is an evidence-based, individualized and family centered initiative which builds parenting skills while celebrating cultural and linguistic diversity, representatives said.
Parents will be able to learn nonviolent discipline strategies and techniques, teach children to make healthy choices and develop positive, caring relationships.
For more information about the class, residents are asked to contact Ana Martínez, Family Ties of Westchester at (914) 703-8656, Fax (914) 826-7253 or Ruth Gonsky from Open Door at (914) 406-8216.
- 1 Port Chester PD Arrests Armed Drug Dealer Suspect From Greenwich
- 2 Rye PD Names Women Nabbed For Shopping With Fake $100s
- 3 Westchester's John Slattery, TV News Reporter, Dies
- 4 Port Chester Tap Water Deemed Safe After Friday Contamination
- 5 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth