PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Family Ties of Westchester, Don Bosco Community Center and Open Door Family Medical Center is offering offering a new Spanish parenting class in Port Chester.
The program, known as "Nurturing Parenting," is set to start at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 Grace Church St. in Port Chester. The class is an evidence-based, individualized and family centered initiative which builds parenting skills while celebrating cultural and linguistic diversity, representatives said.
Parents will be able to learn nonviolent discipline strategies and techniques, teach children to make healthy choices and develop positive, caring relationships.
For more information about the class, residents are asked to contact Ana Martínez, Family Ties of Westchester at (914) 703-8656, Fax (914) 826-7253 or Ruth Gonsky from Open Door at (914) 406-8216.
- 1 The Perfect Burger Can Be 'Done' Says Port Chester Restaurateur
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Open Houses In The Port Chester Area This Weekend