PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Family Ties of Westchester, Don Bosco Community Center and Open Door Family Medical Center is offering offering a new Spanish parenting class in Port Chester.
The program, known as "Nurturing Parenting," is set to start at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 Grace Church St. in Port Chester. The class is an evidence-based, individualized and family centered initiative which builds parenting skills while celebrating cultural and linguistic diversity, representatives said.
Parents will be able to learn nonviolent discipline strategies and techniques, teach children to make healthy choices and develop positive, caring relationships.
For more information about the class, residents are asked to contact Ana Martínez, Family Ties of Westchester at (914) 703-8656, Fax (914) 826-7253 or Ruth Gonsky from Open Door at (914) 406-8216.
- 1 Port Chester Gears Up To Say Happy Birthday, America
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Port Chester Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax
- 4 How Are You Celebrating July 4, Port Chester?
- 5 Artist Picks Up Port Chester Trash For 'My Name Is Nobody' Exhibit