PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The band Wilco announced a special collaboration with The Capitol Theatre and Ticketfly to donate a portion of ticket sales from concerts on Tuesday, Oct. 28, and Wednesday, Oct. 29, in Port Chester to the nonprofit group HeadCount.
The donation will directly support HeadCount's #GoVote campaign, aimed at driving voter turnout in the midterm elections in November.
"This will make a huge difference as we gear up for the elections in November," said HeadCount Executive Director Andy Bernstein. "We are running a big get-out-the-vote initiative in the next two months. Every dollar translates into more people at the polls."
HeadCount’s team will be at Wilco’s Capitol Theatre concerts on Oct. 28 and 29, encouraging attendees to turn out in the upcoming elections.
These are two of more than 600 live music events where HeadCount will register voters and promote voter participation this year. HeadCount also has a partnership with the Capitol Theatre to send area teachers to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and Museum for curriculum training on how to bring the history of music and activism into their classrooms.
To learn more about HeadCount, visit www.headcount.org.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Port Chester Man Faces Illegal Jobless Aid Charges
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Open Houses In Port Chester This Weekend