PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library will hold several winter and spring story times and events.
Signups for the winter and spring storytimes at the Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library begin Monday, Jan.13. The programs require pre-registration by phone at (914)939-6710 x108 or in person.
- “Stories and Songs in Spanish/Cuentos y Canciones en Espanol con Julie” For Ages 2-5 years on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. Classes will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 21, Feb. 11, Mar. 11, Apr. 15 and May 13. Children will participate in stories and songs in Spanish.
- Toddler Time for Ages 2-3 years on Wednesdays at 11 a.m. Classes will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 22 and 29, Febr. 5, 12 and 26, Mar. 5, 12, 19 and 26, Apr. 2, 9, 23 and 30 and May 7. Parents and children will participate with fingerplays, songs, stories, musical instruments and other related parent child activities.
- Preschooler Storytime for Ages 3-5 years on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. or Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. Classes will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 22 and 29, Feb. 5, 12 and 26, Mar. 5, 12, 19 and 26, Apr. 2, 9, 23 and 30 and May 7. Thursday classes will be held on Jan. 23 and 30, Feb. 6, 13 & 27, Mar. 6, 13, 20 and 27, April 3, 10 and 24 and May 1 and 8. Children will listen to stories and participate in songs, fingerplays, movement and an occasional craft activity.
- “Celebrate Take Your Child to the Library Day at the Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library” on Saturday, Feb. 1. (Snow date of Feb. 8) Events include: 11 a.m. Family Storytime—The whole family is invited to listen to winter stories, songs and participate with special winter activities. 2 p.m. “E is for Exercise”—Get the family to move to the groove with music, stretching and exercise! This program is in collaboration with Open Door Family Medical Center. There is limited enrollment. 3:30pm Lego Club for Ages 8 and up. Children can sign up to design a lego masterpiece. There is limited enrollment.
Children can drop by the library anytime on Feb. 1 to Guess How Many Erasers Are in the Jar, Find Curious George in the Library, Design a Bookmark, or Play a board game, complete a puzzle or build with blocks.
- 1 Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack Near Port Chester Border
- 2 Schumer, Lowey Cite Westchester's Concerns Over Proposed I-95 Toll Booths
- 3 'Property Brothers' Filming Episodes In Westchester Through August
- 4 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Port Chester Tuesday