PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Two Men And A Truck in Port Chester is hosting a special "Movers For Moms" collection to benefit Hope's Door in Pleasantville.
Two Men And A Truck will collect new and used clothing to help women escape domestic violence situations, representatives said.
Residents can donate at Two Men And A Truck at 130 N. Main St. in Port Chester between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. week days through April 30.
The group is looking for clothes and other everyday items including shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant as well as items such as nail polish, hair brushes and perfume.
"Though Mother’s Day is intended to be a joyous occasion for women across the country, thousands of moms will be overlooked on this special holiday because they are forced to live in shelters as a result of domestic abuse or homelessness," representatives said in a press release. "Two Men And A Truck thanks you for your support of Hope's Door."
For more information, contact Two Men And A Truck at 914-417-3292.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 3 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Anthony J. Moore Jr., 82, Lifelong Port Chester Resident