PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Two Men And A Truck in Port Chester is hosting a special "Movers For Moms" collection to benefit Hope's Door in Pleasantville.
Two Men And A Truck will collect new and used clothing to help women escape domestic violence situations, representatives said.
Residents can donate at Two Men And A Truck at 130 N. Main St. in Port Chester between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. week days through April 30.
The group is looking for clothes and other everyday items including shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant as well as items such as nail polish, hair brushes and perfume.
"Though Mother’s Day is intended to be a joyous occasion for women across the country, thousands of moms will be overlooked on this special holiday because they are forced to live in shelters as a result of domestic abuse or homelessness," representatives said in a press release. "Two Men And A Truck thanks you for your support of Hope's Door."
For more information, contact Two Men And A Truck at 914-417-3292.
- 1 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site In Port Chester Moves Forward
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino Supermarket
- 3 Saltaire Oyster Bar And Fish House To Open In Port Chester In August
- 4 Port Chester Tavern Fined In Connection With December Assault
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon