PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester's Corpus Christi Parish is hosting an Anti-Human Trafficking Multi-Faith Gathering on Thursday, May 1.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7 p.m., at the church, 136 South Regent St. in Port Chester. The meeting is open to the public.
"Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain," representatives said in a press release. "Human trafficking is a hidden crime, a $32 billion per year industry, second only to drug trafficking."
Residents are encouraged to call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 or contact Sister Barbara Bartlett email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 2 Port Chester Burglary Suspect Convicted After Settling Suit With Village
- 3 Maria Chiappetta, 63, Of Port Chester, Homemaker
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway