PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester's Corpus Christi Parish is hosting an Anti-Human Trafficking Multi-Faith Gathering on Thursday, May 1.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7 p.m., at the church, 136 South Regent St. in Port Chester. The meeting is open to the public.
"Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain," representatives said in a press release. "Human trafficking is a hidden crime, a $32 billion per year industry, second only to drug trafficking."
Residents are encouraged to call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 or contact Sister Barbara Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 3 Snow Likely In Port Chester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 5 Karen Gail Roth Hodge, 57, Of Port Chester, Owned Jewelry Company