PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester's Corpus Christi Parish is hosting an Anti-Human Trafficking Multi-Faith Gathering on Thursday, May 1.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7 p.m., at the church, 136 South Regent St. in Port Chester. The meeting is open to the public.
"Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain," representatives said in a press release. "Human trafficking is a hidden crime, a $32 billion per year industry, second only to drug trafficking."
Residents are encouraged to call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 or contact Sister Barbara Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 20-Year-Old Indicted In 'Cold Case' Murder Of Port Chester Plumber
- 2 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Port Chester On Wednesday
- 4 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'
- 5 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich