PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- Port Chester's Corpus Christi Parish is hosting an Anti-Human Trafficking Multi-Faith Gathering on Thursday, May 1.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7 p.m., at the church, 136 South Regent St. in Port Chester. The meeting is open to the public.
"Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain," representatives said in a press release. "Human trafficking is a hidden crime, a $32 billion per year industry, second only to drug trafficking."
Residents are encouraged to call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 or contact Sister Barbara Bartlett firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 2 Duran Duran Rocks Capitol Theater In Port Chester
- 3 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 4 Billionaire Westchester Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Paving Work Closing Mill Street Bridge Between Greenwich-Port Chester