PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will welcome The Pixies on Sunday, Jan. 19.
The special concert at 8 p.m. is an 18-and-over event with general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated loge and balcony.
"In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a Boston quartet with the innocuous name of Pixies cranked out four albums and an EP that proved infinitely more influential than their sales implied," Capitol representatives said. "Featuring surf-punk riffs, frontman Black Francis’ otherworldly screams, Kim Deal’s sturdy bass lines and quiet verses that exploded into ear-shredding choruses, the band’s sound served as a blueprint for Nineties popular rock bands, including Nirvana."
Tickets for the show are $59.50 and are available on the Capitol Theatre website.
- 1 Port Chester HS Boasts 14 AP Scholar Award Winners
- 2 Port Chester Drug Bust Leads To 20th Illegal Gun Recovered In 2014
- 3 Port Chester Businesses Support 'No Pay No Way' Campaign, Combat Wage Theft
- 4 National Weather Service: Port Chester's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In