PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will welcome The Pixies on Sunday, Jan. 19.
The special concert at 8 p.m. is an 18-and-over event with general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated loge and balcony.
"In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a Boston quartet with the innocuous name of Pixies cranked out four albums and an EP that proved infinitely more influential than their sales implied," Capitol representatives said. "Featuring surf-punk riffs, frontman Black Francis’ otherworldly screams, Kim Deal’s sturdy bass lines and quiet verses that exploded into ear-shredding choruses, the band’s sound served as a blueprint for Nineties popular rock bands, including Nirvana."
Tickets for the show are $59.50 and are available on the Capitol Theatre website.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Port Chester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Port Chester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Port Chester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency