PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will welcome The Pixies on Sunday, Jan. 19.
The special concert at 8 p.m. is an 18-and-over event with general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated loge and balcony.
"In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a Boston quartet with the innocuous name of Pixies cranked out four albums and an EP that proved infinitely more influential than their sales implied," Capitol representatives said. "Featuring surf-punk riffs, frontman Black Francis’ otherworldly screams, Kim Deal’s sturdy bass lines and quiet verses that exploded into ear-shredding choruses, the band’s sound served as a blueprint for Nineties popular rock bands, including Nirvana."
Tickets for the show are $59.50 and are available on the Capitol Theatre website.
- 1 Port Chester Superhero 5K Goes To Medical Costs Of Guard's Son
- 2 20-Year-Old Indicted In 'Cold Case' Murder Of Port Chester Plumber
- 3 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Port Chester On Wednesday
- 5 Latest Rye Brook Celeb Sighting: Michael Shannon Of 'Boardwalk Empire'