PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will welcome The Pixies on Sunday, Jan. 19.
The special concert at 8 p.m. is an 18-and-over event with general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated loge and balcony.
"In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a Boston quartet with the innocuous name of Pixies cranked out four albums and an EP that proved infinitely more influential than their sales implied," Capitol representatives said. "Featuring surf-punk riffs, frontman Black Francis’ otherworldly screams, Kim Deal’s sturdy bass lines and quiet verses that exploded into ear-shredding choruses, the band’s sound served as a blueprint for Nineties popular rock bands, including Nirvana."
Tickets for the show are $59.50 and are available on the Capitol Theatre website.
- 1 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Port Chester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Port Chester Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester