PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will welcome The Pixies on Sunday, Jan. 19.
The special concert at 8 p.m. is an 18-and-over event with general admission standing room only floor and a reserved seated loge and balcony.
"In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a Boston quartet with the innocuous name of Pixies cranked out four albums and an EP that proved infinitely more influential than their sales implied," Capitol representatives said. "Featuring surf-punk riffs, frontman Black Francis’ otherworldly screams, Kim Deal’s sturdy bass lines and quiet verses that exploded into ear-shredding choruses, the band’s sound served as a blueprint for Nineties popular rock bands, including Nirvana."
Tickets for the show are $59.50 and are available on the Capitol Theatre website.
- 1 Port Chester PD Arrests Armed Drug Dealer Suspect From Greenwich
- 2 Rye PD Names Women Nabbed For Shopping With Fake $100s
- 3 Westchester's John Slattery, TV News Reporter, Dies
- 4 Port Chester Tap Water Deemed Safe After Friday Contamination
- 5 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth