WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Office supply giant Staples plans to close up to 225 of its North American stores by the end of the year and its 10 Westchester locations could be among those that shutter its operations, according to NBC News.
The closures reportedly amount to roughly 12-percent of Staples total stores on the continent, as the market moves to online sales.
Staples is hoping to slash company costs by $500 million by the end of 2015, according to the article.
Staples has Westchester locations in Elmsford, Larchmont, Mount Kisco, Mount Vernon, Port Chester, Scarsdale, White Plains, Yonkers and Yorktown.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 5 Tractor-Trailer Crash Cleared From I-95 In Greenwich